IIMB CCGC is organizing as part of its Leaderspeak Dialogues series, a panel discussion on of the most critical areas of contemporary management thought- that of Sustainability Accounting and Social Value. As we know, a higher cost to planet Earth does not translate to a higher cost to the customer. Businesses are rarely obliged to pay the full toll that the operations have on the planet. Even though Fairtrade practices are gaining ground, customers are rarely agreeable to pay a higher cost, if we were to add a social or environment cost to the product. This is where value creation is becoming central in decision making, whether it is for corporate strategy or policy intervention by Government and the dovetailing of Sustainability Accounting in this process.
To ideate and debate a paradigm shift in management thought- of Sustainability Accounting, we are pleased to invite you all to a serious panel discussion on the subject. The panel will comprise;
1) Mr. Jeremy Nicholls-Chief Executive Social Value U.K and Social Value International
2) Mr. Santhosh Jayaram Partner and Head Sustainability and CSR Advisory-KPMG
3) Mr. Sandeep Shrivastava-Head Environment and Sustainability-Ambuja Cement
4) Mr. P.S.Narayan- Vice President and Head Sustainability and Social Initiatives Wipro Ltd.
5) Moderator- Professor Vasanthi Srinivasan- IIMB-Area HR &OB
6) Moderator- Professor P.D Jose IIM-Area Corporate Strategy
Calling the above, a panel of experts would be an understatement and we are indeed privileged to ideate with all of them together.
The venue is the IIMB Auditorium and the discussions begin at 5.30 pm.
we expect the discussions to continue thereafter over coffee and snacks.
Looking forward to welcoming you at IIMB.
Chief Operations Officer
Centre for Corporate Governance and Citizenship
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Bannerghatta Road Bangalore -560076